From its sales page, the SimpleTaste 714NA-0001 air fryer is advertised to “make it possible to enjoy healthier versions of your favorite foods.” With little to no oil, you can grill, roast, fry, or even bake a variety of food items, from seafood to frozen food.
But the question is, does this cooking machine deliver the promised results? Let’s find out in this SimpleTaste 1400W multi-function electric air fryer review.
Key Features of the SimpleTaste 714NA-0001
What can we expect from the SimpleTaste 714NA-0001 air fryer?
- First, as previously mentioned, this 11.27-pound frying machine has 4 cooking functions: fry, roast, bake, and grill. It comes with a plastic construction, and its food basket has a capacity of 3.2 quarts.
- Next, it’s equipped with Rapid Air Circulation technology that combines “precise circulation, hot air, optimal temperature balancing, and a grilling element” — four elements that help ensure that the food inside the chamber is cooked consistently and evenly.
- If you’re new to using an air fryer, be happy to know that this device comes with 8 pre-set programs. These “integrated smart programs” have their own set time-temperature combination, which should make your cooking time faster and easier. All you have to do is to push the button of your preference – French Fries, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Meat, Cake, Fish, and Warm-up.
- Here are other features: 0-30 minute timer, auto switch-off, temperature control (170-400 deg. F), and easy-to-read LED screen.
Consumer Feedback: SimpleTaste 1400W Multi-Function Electric Air Fryer Review
Overall, the SimpleTaste 714NA-0001 air fryer is like a “mini convection oven.” It’s ideal for single- or dual-people households that can eat fried food everyday.
How do the resulting air-fried food turn out?
In general, the air-fried food tastes as good as deep-fried, although there’s a noticeable difference in texture especially for first-timers. Here are some food items tried by previous buyers and their assessment.
– French fries: tasty
– eggrolls: dry but crispy
– vegetables, chicken, chicken nuggets: cooked nicely without any problems
One person says spraying with some oil “seems to taste better.”
Is this easy to clean?
The consensus is that it’s “very easy.” As one person has said, it’s like “washing a colander and 3-quart pan.” Note that the basket comes with a coating, so the clean-up process can take less than 2 minutes. Abrasive surfaces should be avoided.
Here’s one tip given by a consumer. Put an aluminum foil on top of the food basket before you turn on the timer. This should take care of the dripping, making it easier to clean.
Can you cook a whole chicken?
This air fryer comes with a 3.2-quart capacity food chamber. If the chicken is not too big, then it should fit into the basket. You can also cook about 8 chicken wings at one time, or 2 large chicken breasts, 4 thighs, or 4 drumsticks.
Here are other pros and cons mentioned by previous buyers.
- The integrated smart programs are truly helpful. They make cooking easy and fast. As one person has said, these pre-settings “save time and effort.”
- It’s easy to remove the detachable basket. You can do it with one hand.
- It’s easy to operate. The instructions are also easy to understand.
- Compared to a deep fryer, you won’t have a problem with the strong fried odor when using this air fryer.
- This device comes with a recipe, but as one person has pointed out, some of the dishes require separate accessories that you need to purchase.
- The food basket is not big enough to cook multiple foods. That said, if you’re cooking for guests, this air fryer may not be the best device if you’re pressed for time.