Proudly made in the USA, the H-16 B6X2 Park-Style grill from Pilot Rock comes with a straightforward design that’s unlike the more sophisticated styles of other outdoor grills such as the Camp Chef PG24.
Describing it simply, this park grill comes with an equally heavy-duty post that can be mounted into the ground. The grill itself swivels 360 degrees, and it has a sturdy construction.
The design is not unique, though. It looks very similar with the Titan ParkGrill.
In this Pilot Rock heavy-duty park-style grill review, we give you what previous buyers have said about their unit. Is it worth your money? Read on to find out.
Key Features of the Pilot Rock H-16 B6X2
Very briefly, here’s what to expect from this ground-mounted park-style grill.
– Charcoal. If you’re not a fan of propane gas grills and want that distinct smokey flavor as a result of using charcoal, then this grill is definitely for you.
– Simple, Yet Sturdy. The Pilot Rock H-16 B6X2 comes with a simple design, yet the construction is solid. As advertised, it’s made of heavyweight 3/16-inch plate steel.
– Firebox. Expect a vented, square firebox that gives you 16 x 16 inches (or 256 sq. in.) of cooking surface. Also, note that there are 4 cooking levels so you can better control the heat. Aside from that, it swivels to a full 360-degree angle.
– Pole. This grill comes with a 40-inch steel pipe base.
Also Read: Best Grill Thermometer with App: Top Picks
Here’s a summary of what previous buyers have said about their unit.
– Durable and Maintenance-Free. It doesn’t need that much effort to clean and maintain the H-16 B6X2. As one person has correctly described, this grill is “the same as what is in national parks that sit outside for 25 years.” Yup, it’s that sturdy, heavy-duty, and durable. If you’re still worried, though, you can get one of these grill covers.
– Assembly. The Pilot Rock H-16 B6X2 is simple to assemble, but since it’s top-heavy (about 60+ pounds), you’ll definitely need a second or third person to help you.
– Cooking Performance. It’s easy to grill with it. The adjustable height of the grill is perfect for cooking a variety of food such as chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and steaks.
Plus, the grill surface’s foldable design is a big plus especially when lighting your charcoals. It doesn’t get in the way, which adds to its overall convenience and ease-of-use.
Also Read: Best Wood Pellets for Grilling, Top Picks
Bottomline: Pilot Rock Heavy-Duty Park-Style Grill Review
Should you buy this park-style grill?
If you’re looking for a grill that lasts decades, then yes, get the Pilot Rock H-16 B6X2. It’s well-made, heavy-duty, and very sturdy. But before you cement and mount it into the ground, you’ll have to decide which spot you’ll put it in because it’s meant to be permanent.