The Philips HD6371/94 is classified as an “electric grill” that you can use for your indoor grilling needs. Why get an electric rather than a gas or charcoal grill?
For one, electric grills are very convenient, much more convenient than a gas grill. Power outages are a rare occurrence, so when it comes to fuel, you don’t have to worry about the Philips HD6371/94. Second, since it’s electric, it’s safe to use. There are no gas fumes or charcoal smoke to worry about. There are no open flames either. Third, it’s better for the environment.
Now, of the brands and models of electric, indoor grills out there, why the Philips HD6371/94? What are its pros and cons? Let’s help you with the answer in this Philips smoke-less indoor grill HD6371/94 review.
Key Features of the Philips HD6371/94
What are the key features of the Philips HD6371/94? Here’s what to expect.
Smoke-less Infrared Heat Technology
Note that the promise is “smoke-less.” Meaning, depending on the food being grilled, there might still be smoke produced, but as advertised, it should be up to 80% less smoke.
How is this possible?
Through advanced infrared technology. The Philips HD6371/94 is equipped with infrared emitters and special reflectors to guide heat towards the grid. The result is evenly grilled and browned food. Since infrared targets water molecules, the grease/drip tray underneath remains cool enough to minimize the production of smoke from grease that may fall into it.
Another claim is that while conventional grill has fluctuating temperatures, the Philips HD6371/94 maintains a constant temperature throughout the grilling process – 446° F degrees, to be exact, which is said to be the perfect temperature for searing meat.
Simple and Easy-Setup Design
There is little assembly involved, and it should take less than a minute. Just a quick slide-in of the drip tray into the base and the grilling grid positioned correctly onto the base, and you’re good to go.
Other Features and Technical Specs
Here are some tidbits of information about the Philips HD6371/94 that you might be interested in.
- Product weight: 15.66 lbs
- Product dimensions: 7.48 x 21.85 x 16.93 in
- Cord storage
- Non-slip feet
- Color: black
- Power: 1660 W
- Grilling surface: 8 x 14 inches
Also read: Fuego F21C vs F24C Gas Grill Comparison
VIDEO: Demo of The Philips HD6371/94
Watch this video to know the features and parts of the Philips HD6371/94. Also, there’s a demonstration on how to use this electric grill.
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons of the HD6371/94
What do previous buyers have to say about their unit? In this part of our Philips smoke-less indoor grill HD6371/94 review, we give you a summary of this grill’s pros and cons, as provided by consumers.
- Smoke. There are varying comments and feedback as regards the level of smoke produced when cooking or grilling with the Philips HD6371/94. People have reported “minimal” to “normal” smoke levels depending on what you’re preparing. One person said that he has cooked harmburger patties and “there was no smoke.” Another said he has cooked “hot dogs, burgers, and steaks” and there is minimal smoke. That said, although this grill is advertised as an indoor grill, it’s always best to use it outdoors or with your fume hood on.
- Cleaning. One, the grates are coated with a non-stick finish, so they clean easily. The drip tray is also removable, so cleanup should also be easy.
- Heat. A common question about grills: Does it heat up the kitchen? With the Philips HD6371/94, it doesn’t. Some people also say that since the heat is reflected upwards, a grill mat is not necessary.
- Taste. This is an electric, infrared grill. One of the disadvantages of not using charcoal when grilling is that the resulting food is devoid of that smoky flavor that you’d probably want. But other than that, using this grill should give you juicy grilled meat and tender veggies that you’d get when you use a gas or charcoal grill.
- There is a heat-up time. You need to pre-heat this grill for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Nope, it’s not recommended for outings. As advertised, this grill is for indoor use only.
- Unfortunately, adding wood chips is not recommended.
- The cord is approximately 3 feet in length, which can be too short to some people.
- There is no cover for this grill.
Also read: Fuego Element F21C Gas Grill Review
Our Recommendation: Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill HD6371/94 Review
Let’s end this Philips smoke-less indoor grill HD6371/94 review right. Should you get this electric grill? Here’s what we have to say.
The Philips HD6371/94 is an indoor electric grill that’s super convenient and quick to use. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain. However, it’s not a flame-broiled grill. One of the limitations is that it doesn’t give you the flavor of grilled food that you’d usually get if use a charcoal or gas grill.