The Philips HD9240/94 is a digital air fryer. So if you hate those analog temperature and timer knobs, you’re probably thinking of buying this kitchen appliance. But should you actually make that purchase? Wait until you read this Philips HD9240/94 Avance XL review.
Key Features of the Philips HD9240/94
What does the Philips HD9240/94 have to offer? Here’s a list of all its key features.
What’s a starfish design, and how does it benefit your cooking process with this air fryer? To put it simply, the Philips HD9240/94 is equipped with a metal bottom that takes the form of a starfish. As advertised, this is a patented Philips design, and it’s supposed to facilitate air circulation so that you can enjoy even cooking.
Digital Touchscreen Control Panel
This air fryer comes with a beautiful touchscreen control panel. With this panel, you’re given the reins to adjust the following — temperature, timer, and presets — all by pressing buttons and not turning dials.
Note that you can adjust the timer to up to 60 minutes, and that you can adjust the temperature to up to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Smart Preset Button
With some brands, your pre-sets are not saved, so you’ll have to input them again the moment you turn them back on. But with the HD9240/94, that’s a thing of the past. It has a smart feature that’s able to memorize your settings so the next time you use this air fryer, it should be quick and easy.
Here’s a list.
- Cooking capacity: 2.65 lb. (or 2 bags of French fries), ideal for 4 people
- Auto shut-off
- Nonstick drawer
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Rapid air technology
- Includes recipe book and free app with more than 150 recipes
- Item weight: 18.98 pounds
- Product dimensions: 16.6 x 12.4 x 11.9 inches
Also read: What is the Best Philips Airfryer? Top Picks
Consumer Feedback: Philips HD9240/94 Avance XL Review
What do previous consumers say about their Philips HD9240/94? Is it any good? In this part of our Philips HD9240/94 Avance XL review, we give you the answers in summarized form, taken from the feedback, recommendations, and comments posted on a popular online retailer. Here’s what previous buyers have said.
First, up is it true that the Philips HD9240/94 can cook, grill, and roast a variety of food items? The answer is a resounding yes.
Many potential buyers have asked whether or not this appliance can cook bacon, potato slices, frozen French fries, Belgian fries, and other dishes that they’d like to prepare with the Philips HD9240/94. How’s the turnout? Here’s their answer.
- For Belgian fries, the result is food that’s crispy brown on the outside but fluffy and tender on the inside.
- For fresh fries, the result is “not as good as deep-fried,” but it’s “far superior to oven-baked fries.”
- Unfortunately, there are size restrictions, such as that you cannot cook a whole turkey with this air fryer. You can, however, fit in 3 large breasts at a time. You can also fit 12 to 14 chicken wings.
As some buyers have observed, you don’t have to follow every instruction written on the cookbook. Sometimes, you can try your own combination for better/best results.
Is it noisy?
The Philips HD9240/94 does make a sound – that of a fan blowing – but it shouldn’t be too noisy or loud to wake your neighbor up.
Does this model produce a lot of smoke?
This depends on the type of food you’re cooking. For greasy or fatty foods, it can produce a lot of smoke. But with other food items such as fries, and filet mignon, smoke shouldn’t be a problem.
Limitations, Issues, and Complaints
The Philips HD9240/94 is not a perfect machine. It has some issues. Here’s a list.
- There are no accessories included such as a rack. If you need one, you’ll have to make a separate purchase. This is also helpful if you’d like to cook 2 batches at one time. See a Philips air fryer rack here.
- Nope, this air fryer doesn’t have pre-set programs. You’ll have to set the time-temperature yourself. There is, however, a guide on the exterior for commonly air-fried food items.
- This air fryer is manufactured in China.
- There have been complaints about the non-stick coating peeling away just months of usage.
Final Word: Philips HD9240/94 Avance XL Review
Should you get one for yourself? To end this Philips HD9240/94 Avance XL review, here’s our recommendation.
Purchase the Philips HD9240/94 with reservations. It can cook a variety of dishes, but there are limitations. It’s not totally smoke-free, especially if you’d like to cook greasy foods such as bacon.
Alternatives to the Philips HD9240/94 Air Fryer
If you’re not impressed with the Philips HD9240/94 air fryer, here are other brands to choose from and consider.
|Check Price » YunlinLi 10L Multifunctional Air Fryer||Check Price » Konka Adjustable Frying Machine||Check Price » Keshuai Air Fryer|