The Fuego Element F21C is a gas grill. Why choose this one over its charcoal counterpart?
For one, grilling over gas is very convenient. Compared to using charcoal, there’s little preparation when it comes to fuel. As long as the gas tank isn’t empty, it only takes one twist of a knob to get started.
Aside from that, cleanup is also quicker and easier.
Of course, gas grills are not perfect. The biggest disadvantage is that, compared to charcoal grills, gas grills don’t impart much flavor to your food like what charcoal grills do.
Now… let’s proceed to our Fuego Element F21C gas grill review. Find out what previous consumers say about their unit, and decide whether or not it’s the right grill for you.
Key Features of the Fuego Element F21C
First, let’s talk about what the Fuego F21C has to offer.
The Robert Brunner Connection
While many brands boast a rectangular-style form, the Fuego Element F21C stands out because of its one-of-a-kind design.
As advertised on the company’s official website, the Fuego Element F21C was designed by former chief-of-design at Apple, Robert Brunner. The design has won several awards and recognitions such as the International Design Excellence Awards in 2007.
Time-to-Temperature is What Really Matters
When it comes to fuel efficiency, the F21C never disappoints, as claimed by the brand. Equipped with a 21,000-BTU/hr burner, it only takes 5 minutes to reach a temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit, with a maximum temperature of 650 deg. F.
Not only is this gas grill efficient, but it’s also energy-saving. It minimizes fuel and gives you less air flow, thereby retaining more moisture in food.
Concentric Circle Dual Ring Burner
Another unique feature of the Fuego Element F21C is that it comes with a concentric-circle, dual-ring burner. This design helps balances heat distribution and makes sure that there are no “hot spots.” The result is the appearance of perfect sear marks anywhere on the grill.
When it comes to surface area for cooking/grilling, expect it to be 346 square inches. This translates to 12 burgers at once.
Other Important Features
- Product weight: 73 pounds
- Dimensions: 21 x 21 x 44 inches
- Heavy-duty, cast iron 15-lbs. grate
- Recessed thermometer
- 21-inch base
- Locking wheels
- Residue tray
Also read: Blackstone 28 Griddle Review, 28 vs 36 Comparison
VIDEO: Fuego Element F21C Closer Look
Here’s a video showing the features and parts of the Fuego Element.
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
In this part of our Fuego Element F21C gas grill review, we give you the pros and cons of the product, based on what previous buyers have said about their unit.
- Cleaning and Maintenance. As a gas grill, the Fuego Element F21C should be easy to clean up. But is it? According to general consensus, the answer is a resounding “yes.” The tray element and grill top can be very easy to remove, which adds to the convenience and ease of cleaning any stuck-on dirt. You can turn the grill on for several minutes just to burn the grease off. This way, cleanup is much much easier.
- Performance in Windy and Sub-Freezing Conditions. One person who’s had grilling experience in windy and cold conditions said that this gas grill will do just fine if you use the right ring (outer or outer ring) and the right setting.
- Heat-up Time. One person who has owned several grills before said that relatively, the Fuego Element F21C heats up pretty quickly and that cooking times are shorter than the other grills. But as advertised, this gas grill should be ready in 5 minutes.
- Cooking Performance. In general, this gas grill “gets the job done,” to borrow the words of one person. However, there are some complaints about uneven cooking especially in larger foot items even when the burners are set to high. This grill performs well with steaks, chicken, and vegetables.
- It has a small footprint, which makes it the ideal grill for small patios and balconies.
- There is assembly required. If you follow the instructions correctly, the process should take less than an hour.
- The grill does not come with a cover. You have to make a separate purchase if you want one. That said, you’ll have to store this gas grill in a covered area.
- Can it also run on natural gas? You’ll have to make some modifications first by using this NG conversion kit. Otherwise, the answer is “no.”
- It’s not non-stick.
- The built-in thermometer’s location makes it an untrustworthy gauge if you want accurate measurements.
Fuego Element F21C vs F21S
What’s the difference between the F21C and the F21S? All the parts are the same, but their difference is the color or finish of the lower section of the grill.
The F21C maintains a powdercoated dark gray finish. On the other hand, the F21S is a stainless steel finish.
Also read: Char-Griller 1515 Review, Is it Worth It?
Our Recommendation: Fuego Element F21C Gas Grill Review
Here’s what we have to say.
Fuego Element F21CBuy the Fuego Element F21C if you’re looking for a gas grill for a single or double-person household. It heats up fast, and you can rely on it to grill some steaks, vegetables, and even tofu.