The Cuisinart CGG-750 is a great idea – it really is. At first glance, you wouldn’t know that it’s a grill. But on second look, you’ll be impressed with the design.
The Cuisinart CGG-750 Venture grill is a portable cooking appliance that resembles a cooler with a handle. Let’s emphasize that it also comes with an attractive black and red exterior.
Should you get one? What are its pros and cons? Let’s find out in this Cuisinart CGG-750 Venture grill review.
Key Features of the Cuisinart CGG-750
First, let’s take a look at its key features.
Stack ‘n Go Design
The image on your right shows the modular design of the Cuisinart CGG-750. Basically, the main parts are stacked on top of each other. These three parts include a cutting and serve board (topmost), a footed grill with a porcelain enameled cast iron grate (middle), and a fuel compartment (lowest portion).
The topmost layer is the lid, which doubles as a cutting board. Above it is a large carry handle made of aluminum but wrapped in rubber.
You’ll need a 1-lb. fuel source, which should be purchased separately. Be impressed with the base, which includes a flip-out rack that is designed to secure your propane tank upright.
Expect a 154-sq. in. cooking surface, which should be more than enough for your picnic needs. As advertised, this surface is big enough to cook for four people. It also has a high-grade stainless steel burner that produces 9,000 BTUs.
Also read: Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro Review
Other Features and Specs
- Weight: 20.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 16.2 x 13 x 10.8 inches
- Manufacturer: The Fulham Group
Here are two more images showing the parts and features of the Cuisinart Venture.
VIDEO: Closer Look at the Cuisinart Venture
Here’s a promotional video featuring the Cuisinart Venture.
Here are some comments and feedback about the Cuisinart CGG-750.
- First, for a portable grill, it’s light enough to carry anywhere you’d want it to go – at the beach for a picnic, or at a park for an afternoon grilling session with your significant other. It’s also a non-fuss product, so you literally “grab it and go.”
- The cooking grate is durable and described as “heavy-duty.” Another adjective used to describe it is “solid.”
- Heat-up time is recommended, but it shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes.
- It cooks quite well. One person said she was able to cook a “delicious steak with grill marks.”
- The assembly is fast and easy.
Limitations of the Product
- This is a LP gas grill. It’s not intended for natural gas.
- You cannot add lava rocks, tiles, or charcoal briquettes. According to the manual, doing this may lead to the creation of an “unsafe situation.”
- You also cannot use a 20-lb propane tank. Stick to a 1 lb gas cyclinder.
- Because it has a small footprint, this is not for a family or a large group use.
Also read: Char-Griller 2828 vs 1224 Grill Comparison
Our Recommendation: Cuisinart CGG-750 Venture Grill Review
Who should get this portable grill? Let’s end this Cuisinart CGG-750 Venture grill review with our final say.
The Cuisinart CGG-750 portable grill is a lightweight, portable grill with a small footprint. However, it’s not for family or large-group use. Instead, it’s ideal for 1 to 2 people. Get your Cuisinart Venture grill here..