Looking forward to your next camping trip? Surely, you’ll do some cooking. Some people don’t think it’s possible to create delicious meals on a hiking or camping trip – it actually is with the right tools! The most important is a camp stove.
The Coleman Triton is one of the more popular camp stoves available online. It’s a 2-burner system that weighs more or less 11 pounds. It folds easily, and it’s equipped with a built-in handle for portability.
But the bigger question is, should you get one? What are its pros and cons? Let’s find out in this Coleman Triton 2-Burner Propane Stove review.
Key Features of the Coleman Triton
Here’s a list of its key features.
The Coleman Triton is equipped with 2 burners that can produce a total of 22,000 BTUs of cooking power. Each burner can be controlled independently through a knob located at the front side of the unit.
Unlike the Coleman Perfect Flow grill-stove, the Triton doesn’t have a grill functionality. However, you can purchase a griddle if you’d like to cook pancakes or fry eggs on your camping trip.
There are three unique features that the Triton has.
One, it has a Wind Block panel, a 3-section wind guard that folds down easily for storage. It protects the flame from the wind. It’s extremely useful especially because outdoors, the wind can be unpredictable.
Second, it comes with PerfectFlow Technology, a feature that helps keep the heat stable and steady by maintaining the flow of pressure. Third, it’s equipped with PerfectHeat Technology, a feature designed to optimize performance while consuming less fuel.
Other Features and Technical Specs
- Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 5.8 x 23.1 inches
- Weight: 11.2 pounds
- Fits a 12-in. and 10-in. pan at the same time
Also read: Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove Review
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
How did the Triton fare among consumers? Here’s what they have to say about the product.
- Performance. It heats up water fast, and it’s best for small dishes. It can also be a reliable stove during power outages.
- Assembly. There is basically no assembly necessary. All you have to do is to attach the propane tank correctly. After that, you can get started.
- Cleanup. Is the Coleman Triton easy to clean? The general consensus is that yes, it’s easy to clean.
- Quality. Several people have described the Coleman Triton as durable, well-built, and great quality.
- Portability and Storage. It’s compact and light, so transporting it shouldn’t be a problem. As for storage, it’s equally hassle-free. Plus, let’s not forget that it comes with a built-in handle.
- It doesn’t have an auto-igniter, which can be a major turn-off. You’ll have to use a lighter to light a burner.
- The flame is hard to regulate.
- This is not recommended for indoor use.
- At least two people have said that at low settings, the Triton has difficulty cooking or cannot cook at all.
Our Recommendation: Coleman Triton 2-Burner Propane Stove Review
Here’s what we have to say about the Coleman Triton.
It’s compact, easy to carry, and easy to set-up, which makes it a good camp stove. It’s also pretty slim so it can be stored easily. But note that it doesn’t have a spark switch, so always bring a lighter with you.