When craving for grilled food, some campers improvise by putting a grill grate on top of a stove (either makeshift or a portable one). This is definitely a clever idea, but there is a camping stove that serves two purposes – as a grill and as a regular stove.
A popular grill-stove system is the Perfect Flow Grill Stove from Coleman. It has a 2-in-1 design, producing a total of 20,000 BTUs of cooking power.
In this Coleman Perfect Flow grill stove review, let’s take a look at how this cooking system fared among previous buyers. What are its pros and cons? Should you get one? Read on to find out.
Key Features of the Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove
Here are the key features of the Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove.
130 sq. in. Grill Area
You already know that the Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove is dual-purpose. If you take a look at the image on the right, you’ll see that this cooking system comes with two sections. On the right side is a 130-sq. in grill area, and on the left is a regular stove with a noticeably, much smaller area. Although the stove is small, know that it can fit a 10-inch pan easily.
Each of these sections has their own burners that you can adjust independently through their respective knobs. Together, these burners produce a total of 20,000 BTUs of cooking power.
As if the 2-in-1 design isn’t impressive enough, there’s more that you should know.
One, this camp grill-stove comes with Wind Block panels, a foldable 3-section wind guard that protects the flame against the wind. It also helps contain splatters. The side panels can also be folded down to function as a utensil holder.
Second, there’s a removable grease tray to minimize mess and ensure an easy cleanup. Third, this stove comes with non-skid feet.
Last, there is a griddle attachment that you can purchase separately.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 15.4 x 6.3 inches
- Removable die-cast aluminum grill grate
- Nickel-chrome stove grate
Also read: Coleman Classic Propane Stove Review
What are the pros and cons of the Perfect Flow Stove? In this section of our Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove review, we give you a summary of what we found out about the product based on consumer feedback given on a popular online retailer.
- Grill Section. Overall, it performs well as a portable cooking system. But know that Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove cannot compete with larger and more established models. Therefore, there are limitations to the grilling capabilities of this appliance. One person has observed that there are some issues with heat distribution, saying that the center part of the grill tends to cook much faster. Is the grill powerful enough for a steak? According to one person, it’s a “yes.”
- Stove Section. It heats up water fast. Another person said it cooks quickly, so you have to be attentive.
- Cleanup. The general consensus is that it’s easy to clean and maintain. Several people say putting a piece of aluminum foil beneath the grill makes cleanup much easier.
- Some people have complained that at first, it’s quite difficult to regulate the burners to a low flame. It should, however, get easier as you use the product more.
- A few people have complained about the quality of the grill grate, saying it had melted after a few uses. This can happen if you put and cook a pot on the grill.
- There is no igniter, so you’ll have to have a lighter with you.
Also read: Camp Chef Expedition 2X Review
Our Recommendation: Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove Review
Should you get one? Here’s what we have to say.
Purchase the Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove with reservations. It’s portable, lightweight, and its 2-in-1 design is definitely a big plus. But some people have complained about the quality of the grill grate, which is something you can’t ignore. Let’s not forget the complaints on how the burners are difficult to regulate to low flame.