Weight and portability are no doubt two important criteria when choosing a camping stove. After all, you want something that’s easy to move or transport, and one that’s as light as possible.
Could your next camping stove be the Coleman Classic, a propane stove equipped with what the brand says “PerfectFlow Technology”? What are the pros and cons of this product? Let’s find out in this Coleman Classic propane stove review.
Key Features of the Coleman Classic
What does the Coleman Classic propane stove offer? Here are its key features.
Wind Block Panels
The Coleman Classic is a 2-burner propane stove, producing a total of 20,000 BTUs of cooking power. These burners can be adjusted independently, and they can be controlled through the knobs on the front side of the stove.
As advertised, a 16.4-oz. propane cylinder can last up to 1 hour with both burners are set on high.
To protect the burners and flame from the wind, the Coleman Classic is equipped with Wind Block panels, a three-section wind guard that folds easily when the cooking process is finished.
PerfectFlow and PerfectHeat Technology
To put it shortly, these features – PerfectFlow and PerfectHeat – are meant to provide consistent performance and more efficient cooking without consuming a lot of fuel.
The PerfectFlow technology is a pressure-control technology that helps keep the heat steady. The PerfectHeat feature, on the other hand, is designed for a “more complete fuel combustion process.”
Other Features and Technical Specs
- Weight: 10 lb.
- Product Dimensions: 23.25 by 5.5 by 14.75 inches (W x H x D)
- 2 temperature zones
- Fits a 12-inch and 10-inch pan at the same time
- Removable chrome-plated grate
- Aluminized steel cooktop for rust-resistance
Also read: Camp Chef Expedition 2X Review
VIDEO: Coleman Classic Closer Look
Watch this video to know how to set up the Coleman Classic.
What do previous buyers say about their Coleman Classic? Here’s a summary of what we found out about the product.
- Multi-functional. The Coleman Classic is truly multi-functional. Not only can you use it for outdoor events or camping trips, but also, you can use this cooking appliance in emergency situations. As one person has said, when a hurricane hit their place, they relied on this stove to prepare their meals. Another person said it has “traveled the country with me.”
- Assembly. Good news! There’s no assembly needed. All you have to do is to connect the propane cylinder properly.
- Heat Generated. Some people worry that this propane stove would burn their plastic table setting. Although many people said that the heat generated by the stove did not melt their plastic table, it’s still wise to put the stove on top of a sturdier material like this aluminum picnic table.
- Portability. People who camp with the Coleman Classic have only positive things to say about this product. It’s compact, easy to carry, and easy to store.
- Several people have complained about the knobs not being useful in controlling the flame. According to them, the knobs should give a variable setting, but they’re always either full-on/high or off. Perhaps it’s a factory defect, but note that several people have the same issue.
- Although some people say it’s okay to use this stove indoors in a well-ventilated area, doing this is highly discouraged because of the health hazards associated with toxic fumes and gases produced with propane use.
- It’s made in China.
- A number of people have complained about receiving a dented unit. Perhaps the defect happened during delivery, but some people think that the product feels flimsy.
Our Recommendation: Coleman Classic Propane Stove Review
Should you get one for your next camping trip or tailgating event? Let’s end this Coleman Classic propane stove review right. Here’s what we have to say.
If you’re camping soon, don’t forget to buy a Coleman Classic, a tried-and-tested propane stove. It’s simplicity and ease of use are a major plus. And since you want a fuss-free product when traveling, know that this stove is compact, easy to carry, and easy to store.