If you love hanging out with your friends and extended family, enjoying some barbecue and grilled sessions, then a grill with a large cooking surface is the practical choice.
You must’ve heard about the Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro, a propane grill that gives you 438 square inch grilling surface. Is it worth it, you ask? Should you get one?
Well, let’s help you with the answers in this Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro review.
Key Features of the Char-Griller 3001
Let’s talk about the key features of the Char-Griller 3001.
Wide Grilling Area
One quick look at the Char-Griller 3001 is enough to impress you. It’s complete with everything you need in a grill – side tables, a storage rack underneath, and a wide grilling surface area.
How wide exactly?
According to the data we’ve gathered, expect a 438 square inches of main grilling area. Let’s not forget that this grill also comes with a warming rack that measures 192 square inches.
This is a propane grill. As you know, grilling with propane is very convenient. You don’t have to wait for a long time to prepare or light up charcoal or wood pellets. All you have to do is to twist a knob.
How many burner tubes does it have?
It comes with 3 stainless steel burners that give off a total of 40,800 BTU’s. Don’t forget that it also comes with a 12,000-BTU side burner.
The Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro is very simple to operate. It comes with an ignition button and 3 huge mechanical knobs, one for each burner. The side burner also comes with its own dial.
- Weight: 88 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 49″ x 28″ x 49″
- Durable steel construction and cast iron cooking grates
- Porcelain coated cast iron grates
- Electronic igniter probe on every burner
- Dual stacks for even heating
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons of the Grillin’ Pro
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this propane grill. Here’s a summary of what we found out about the product based on consumer feedback published on a popular online retailer.
- Assembly. Assembly is required, but as long as you follow the instructions, you should be fine. How long does it take to set it up? It varies, but based on previous buyers’ response, it should be about 2 hours.
- Cleanup. The general consensus is that the Char Griller 3001 is not difficult to clean at all. It’s recommended, however, that you clean it while still warm. A wire brush should be helpful.
- Grilling Surface. We’ve given you the measurements of the Char-Griller 3001, but how exactly does this translate to the number of food items that can fit into the grill at one time? Overall, this grill is ideal for backyard grilling for a regular family. It’s not designed for very large groups. Here are some of the responses of previous buyers. It has plenty of room for beer butt chicken. One person says it’s “big enough for a dozen T-bones.” Another person said it’s large enough to cook a 10-12 lb. turkey without the upper rack.
- Cooking Performance. The general consensus is that it gets the job done. Several people have said that this grill “cooks evenly.”
- Construction. As advertised, this grill has a solid construction. Several people agree that this is well-built and sturdy. However, for some, their problem seems to be with the delivery of the product. Some have complained of dents. As for the wheels, they’re suitable for pavement and not on turf.
- It’s easy to use.
- It heats up fast.
- The Char-Griller 3001 is designed to be a grill. Those who are looking for a smoker must purchase a side fire box, the Char-Griller 2-2424, that can be mounted on its side.
- Flare-ups. It does happen, especially for fatty food items. Note that there is no flare-up shield. But you can combat the flare-ups by a few methods. One, you can keep a spray bottle with water. You can also try lowering the flame. If those don’t work, you can add a set of grill grates, as one person has suggested.
- Unfortunately, the side tables can’t be folded down. They stay that way, which can be quite difficult especially when you want to transport the whole unit to another place.
Also read: Cuisinart GR-5B Review (Griddler Five)
Our Recommendation: Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro Review
Should you get one? Let’s end this Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro review right with this recommendation.
If you’re not missing any parts or when all the parts work perfectly, the Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro is one reliable grill. It’s ideal for backyard grilling for a regular-size family but not a large group. Get your Char-Griller 3001 here.