Are you grilling or cooking for a large group of hungry eaters? You need something large and quick. How about a flattop such as the Camp Chef FT600?
Advertised as a “professional-grade” grill, the FT600 is a 4-burner flattop whose 604 sq. in. griddle surface is enough to cook for 50 to 100 people every hour!
But the bigger question is… should you get one? To help you come up with a decision, let’s hear what previous buyers have to say about their unit in this Camp Chef FT600 flat top grill review.
Key Features of the Camp Chef FT600
Here’s a list of the FT600’s key features.
Grill and Griddle
Did you know that the FT600 is both a grill and a griddle? That’s right. To accomplish these functions well, it comes with interchangeable plates with a non-stick surface.
How wide are these plates?
According to the data provided by the brand, the FT600 has a griddle cooking surface that measures 604 square inches. Also, it has a grilling surface of 501 square inches.
The Camp Chef FT600 comes with 4 burners that can produce 12,000 BTUs each. These burners can be independently controlled through large knobs at the front side of the unit.
The FT600 also comes with truly useful parts such as the following:
- Two collapsible side trays
- Huge interchangeable flat top griddle
- Grease management system
- Grease tray
- Two shelves under the grilll
- Adjustable leg levelers
- Tank holder
Other Features and Specs
- Weight: 139.6 pounds
- Product dimensions:36 x 24 x 20 inches
- Matchless ignition system
Also read: Best Outdoor Propane Flat Top Grill
VIDEO: Closer Look at the Camp Chef Flattop Grill
Here’s a video showing the key features of the FT600.
Here’s what previous buyers have to say about their Camp Chef FT600.
- Versatility. There are no holes, so you can cook a variety of food items – eggs, for instance. There are no flare-ups as a flattop to worry about, so you don’t have to make extra effort to deal with them.
- Ease of use. It’s bigger than any pan in your kitchen, so if you’re cooking for a large group, it should be very, very easy and quick.
- Assembly. There is some assembly required, but fret not because it doesn’t require any special tools, just a basic screwdriver. Assembly time varies per person, but as long as you follow the instructions correctly, it should not take you more than 45 minutes.
- Cleanup. The general consensus is that the Camp Chef FT600 is easy to clean. Its grease management system seems to work just fine. The grease tray catches everything. Also, the grill screen can be cleaned with a wire brush.
- Natural Gas. Can this propane gas grill be converted to a natural gas line? The answer is yes, but you’ll have to buy the NG hose kit.
- Cooking Performance. There are different feedback, but overall, it’s mostly positive. Several people say that it cooks evenly, and compared to other brands, the Camp Chef FT600 is better.
- It’s well-constructed and heavy-duty.
- The grill heats up very fast.
- Unfortunately, the Camp Chef FT600’s weight may prevent you from wanting to transport it from one place to another. Say, if you want to go camping, this may not be the most portable grill to take.
- This doesn’t come with a cover or a lid. You’ll have to make a separate purchase for these.
- The legs don’t fold.
- The auto igniter may not always work. One person said that he sometimes use a lighter.
Also read: Best Grill with Smoker, Top Picks
Our Recommendation: Camp Chef FT600 Flat Top Grill Review
Should you get one? Here’s what we have to say.
The Camp Chef FT600 has received mostly positive feedback from previous consumers, and the pros outweigh the limitations. Get the Camp Chef FT600 if you’re looking for a grill or griddle that can quickly and easily prepare food for a large group.