Camp Chef advertises their stoves as extremely portable as they can be used in camping, tailgating, RV-ing, or just cooking for your family in your backyard.
There are different stoves to choose from, and one of these is the Expedition 2X, a two-burner gas stove with large burner knobs.
Should you get one? Let’s find out its pros and cons in this Camp Chef Expedition 2X review.
Key Features of the Camp Chef Expedition 2X
Here’s a list of the key features of the Expedition 2X.
14″ Cooking System
The Expedition 2X is classified by Camp Chef as a 14-inch cooking system.
What does this mean exactly?
The 14-inch measurement refers to the depth of the stove from front to back. That said, if you’d like to attach some accessories, make sure that it fits this measurement. To avoid confusion, always look for the 14″ Cooking System logo.
Because the Expedition 2X is part of the 14″ Cooking System, you can add a griddle or BBQ box for a more fulfilling cooking experience.
2 Burners and Other Parts
The Camp Chef Expedition 2X comes with 2 powerful burners that are able to produce a total of 60,000 BTU/hr. These burners are cast aluminum burners, and with that powerful BTU output, expect to boil water or cook your food with ease.
Apart from having 2 powerful burners, the Expedition 2X also comes with removable legs and a three-sided windscreen.
Other Features and Technical Specs
- Weight: 52 lbs.
- Stove Cooking Area: 448 sq. in.
- Cooking Dimensions: 14 in. x 32 in.
- Durable, rugged construction
Also read: Broil King PCG-10 Professional Griddle Review
Here’s a summary of the pros and cons of the Expedition 2X provided by previous buyers.
- Functions. This stove is multi-functional. As experienced by previous buyers, the Camp Chef Expedition 2X has a variety of uses. Examples include canning, frying fish outdoors, camping, or even cooking indoors. Some people even travel with it, and others take it for their RV excursions.
- Performance. This stove puts out a lot of heat, but what’s even better is that the burners can be adjusted to the level of heat that you want. One person said that she used it at a music event where it’s windy, but she didn’t encounter any problem. Another person made a similar comment, saying that the wind did not pose any problem keeping a flame.
- Cleanup. It shouldn’t be a problem, especially because the grate is removable.
- Several buyers say that this stove is well-built, durable, and built to last.
- It’s easy to use.
- Some people have complained about the quality of the ignition system.
Also read: Ovente GR2001B Reversible Grill Review
Our Recommendation: Camp Chef Expedition 2X Review
Should you get one for yourself? Here’s what we have to say.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use stove that can help you cook for a big crowd anywhere – whether outdoors or indoors, whether in a musical event or out camping – then the Camp Chef Expedition 2X is a reliable stove. Get it.