Let’s ask that question one more time… What is the best Oster roaster oven? It should be a no-nonsense roasting device that works and delivers what it promises to do. But as simple as that may sound, our top pick has the following criteria: a user-friendly device that has consistently received top marks from previous buyers.
Considering those, we only have one thing in mind: the Oster 22-Quart Roaster Oven (CKSTRS23-SB-D) with a self-basting lid. Why this model? Let’s explain.
Also read: Cuisinart CGG-180T Review: Pros and Cons
Best Oster Roaster Oven: 22-Quart (CKSTRS23-SB-D)
First, let’s take a look at its key features.
|Best Oster Roaster Oven|
|Key Features||Check Price » Oster 22-Quart (CKSTRS23-SB-D)|
|Product Dimensions||17.5 x 24 x 10.5 inches|
|Cooking Temperature||150 degree F to 450 degree F|
|Cooking Space||up to a 26-lb. turkey per roast|
|Variable Temperature Control||✅|
|Removable Roasting Pan||✅|
|Removable Roasting Rack||✅|
|Self Basting Lid||✅|
|Keep Warm Setting||✅|
Based on the chart presented above, the 22-Quart Oster Roaster Oven (CKSTRS23-SB-D) comes with several exciting and truly useful features, which are the following.
- Variable Temperature Control.
- Defrost and Keep Warm Settings.
- Self-Basting Lid.
- Easy clean-up.
This roasting device comes with a dial that allows you to choose from 150 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit cooking temperature at 50-degree increments.
Don’t you hate waiting for your food to thaw before you can finally put it inside a roaster? With this device’s defrost setting, you don’t have to do that anymore. And when you’re not ready to serve the roasted food yet, keep it at the roaster and choose the Keep Warm setting.
Note that Oster has a version of this roaster oven that doesn’t come with a self-basting lid. With this feature, you can be sure that moisture is re-circulated to deliver a perfectly cooked turkey.
This device comes with a removable roasting pan and rack, which should make cleaning a breeze.
Also read: Weber Q1000 vs Coleman Roadtrip Grill: Ultimate Showdown
What Consumers Say About the CKSTRS23-SB-D 22-Quart Roaster Oven
Summarized below are comments and feedback posted by previous buyers on this product’s sales page located at a popular online retailer’s site. Here’s a list of its pros and cons.
- First, let’s talk about its roasting abilities. Several consumers mentioned that with this device, they were able to roast turkey, pork, and other meat products. Based on their comments, roasting time to a perfectly brown surface and even cooking varies, but in general, it can take up to 3 to 4.5 hours. Others say they were able to cook their food quicker.
- There appears to be a learning curve before you achieve the desired results. One tip from a previous buyer is truly useful: place foil between the food and the roaster. This way, burning is prevented.
- At 18.8 pounds, this unit is lightweight to some but heavy to others. But according to a 60+ buyer, she says this unit is easy to carry from one spot to the other.
- Its build may not be that impressive especially if you’re used to those heavy-duty, expensive ones.
- When it comes to the clean-up process, one person said that the lid doesn’t fit into the sink.
- Overall, the CKSTRS23-SB-D is a top-rated product. While it’s not perfect – with a few buyers giving it the thumbs-down – its consistent high rating since 2010 proves that it’s the best Oster roaster oven out there.
Also read: Top-Rated Roasters